Hi everyone! I hope you are all enjoying fall as the air is getting crisper and the leaves are finally changing colors! Today I want to share a variation of my Sweet Potato and Quinoa Salad. Instead of quinoa, I used couscous and replaced the sweet potato with butternut squash. At first glance, they look pretty similar, but the curry gives the couscous a totally different flavor and a bit a heat. I’d love to hear what you think or which you prefer, so feel free to comment below!
- 1 butternut squash, diced
- 1 1/3 cup dry couscous
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup curly parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. pure maple syrup
- 4-5 tsp. Penzeys Curry
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the squash in your favorite olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the squash evenly on the baking sheet and roast until tender.
- While the squash is in the oven, prepare the couscous according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, whisk the olive oil, maple syrup, curry, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- When the couscous is done, put it in a large bowl and toss it with the dressing.
- Add the squash, cranberries, onion, and parsley.
- Adjust seasonings as necessary. Serve hot or cold.